Leland has had many nicknames (Sugar Bum, Lee-Lee, Piddle Bum Bum, and so on), but the newest was bestowed upon him by Marco Polo - Staple Head. We now think of him as a Super Hero with powers of, um, well, staples? Well, it at least sounds cool.
So, we were having a quiet morning when Leland decided that breakfast was no longer entertaining. To add excitement to our day, he catapulted backward off of the stool at the counter and tested the strength of his head against a potted plant. I believe the potted plant took this round...
Head wound are scary. Lots of bleeding and crying. Of course Leland was more calm by the time everyone was ready to go up to the hospital; he was asking for shoes and a jacket - seriously. He had calmed down and was ready to go in the car. Alissa and I were not as calm.
Our pediatrician directed us to the Emergency Room. After taking James in last year, we should have had the routine down... Anyway, they got us right in. Leland was fascinated by all of the lights, especially the finger sensor for the pulse reading. The doctor and nurses were great. James and I hung around until the actual stapling. We bailed for the cafeteria for much needed coffee and French toast. Alissa snuggled Leland and the staples were done in seconds. I had not even finished breakfast with James when they found us in the cafeteria.
Leland is doing fine and will have a cool scar under his hair. And although the staples come out in a few days, he will always be our hero, Staple Head!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
The Secret of Staple Head
Posted by
Anonymous
at
8:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
A well-told story. Staple Head is a pretty cool identity, I must say. I hope Staple Head's parents aren't too traumatized!
Post a Comment